I was raised attending Baptist churches, I attended a ministry-focused Baptist college, and I am currently the member of a Baptist church. If I had to categorize myself, I would say that I most closely align with a Reformed Baptist theology.
I believe that theology is extremely important, but I also believe that we must be careful to differentiate between the things that we know for sure (because the Bible states them clearly), and the things about which we are merely speculating. Speculative theology can be very useful as a way to prove that concrete Biblical doctrines have rational explanations. However, since they cannot be proven absolutely, we should not use such speculative beliefs as occasions for divisiveness.
- Stack Overflow 41.7k 41.7k 88 gold badges6464 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Christianity 2.7k 2.7k 33 gold badges1616 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 373 373 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Code Review 321 321 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 271 271 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 102 Iterate through DataSet
- 62 Determine TextFile Encoding?
- 44 Why does integer division in C# return an integer and not a float?
- 42 Prompt file download with XMLHttpRequest
- 38 What is wrong with Math.Round() in VB.Net?
- 32 Why is True equal to -1
- 32 "Type is not defined" error on project build
- View more network posts →