“(Mention) when God said, ‘O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify (i.e., free) you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you (in submission to God alone) superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ. And as for those who disbelieved, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers.’ But as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, He will give them in full their rewards, and God does not like the wrongdoers.” (Quran 3:55-57)
The Quran also points out that Jesus was neither killed nor crucified. Speaking of the Children of Israel, God faults their accusations against Mary as well as their claim that they killed Jesus.
“And (We cursed them) for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander. And (for) their saying, ‘Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God.’ And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but (another) was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, God raised him to Himself. And ever is God Exalted in Might and Wise.” (Quran 4:156-158)
The Quran confirms that Jesus was raised up by God, and the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, reassured us that Jesus will be sent down to earth once again before the Day of Judgment. In a saying of Prophet Muhammad, narrated by Abu Hurairah, the Prophet said:
“By the One in Whose hand is my self, definitely the son of Maryam will soon descend among you as a just judge, and he will break the cross, kill the pig, and abolish the jizyah (tribute), and wealth will be so abundant that no one will accept it, until a single prostration will be better than the world and everything in it.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
Member for 7 years, 8 months
39 profile views
Last seen Sep 21 '14 at 8:37
- Stack Overflow 2.7k 2.7k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 1.8k 1.8k 1414 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Islam 1.5k 1.5k 33 gold badges2424 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Parenting 1.2k 1.2k 77 gold badges1616 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Skeptics 1.1k 1.1k 99 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 65 How to interpret Poolallocator messages in tensorflow?
- 29 Did Snowden reveal that ISIS is a USA-Israel tactic?
- 20 How to compute skipgrams in python?
- 19 Where does the Tanakh differ from the Christian Old Testament?
- 18 Is Bitcoin a halal investment instrument?
- 18 Deep learning machine with largest number of gpu and xeon cpu sockets
- 16 Is the UN letter advocating the rule of Ali the fourth caliph authentic?
- View more network posts →