I am a former moderator of the Christianity and Biblical Hermeneutics Stack Exchange sites who resigned in protest because I could no longer in good faith support the parent company with my volunteer time when they are enforcing conformity to ideologies openly antagonistic to my beliefs and because their treatment of other volunteer moderators has been reprehensibly poor.
I am a scripting language connoisseur, regular expression aficionado, network geek, general lover of Linux and a frequent contributor to open source software. I transitioned to programming from other work because I was too busy automating my own work environment to actually do the other work. I have a hobby interest in cartography. For more see my personal site. Most importantly, my life is defined by the grace of God given to men through Jesus Christ. It is my ambition that everything I do would reflect His glory and point people towards Him.
- Unix & Linux 58.5k 58.5k 1313 gold badges169169 silver badges209209 bronze badges
- Christianity 36.4k 36.4k 2020 gold badges135135 silver badges275275 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 22.3k 22.3k 1010 gold badges6464 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Server Fault 10.6k 10.6k 44 gold badges3333 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 5.3k 5.3k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 363 Remap "Home" and "End" to beginning and end of line
- 308 What is the difference between `grep`, `egrep`, and `fgrep`?
- 235 Why taking responsibility for other people's feelings doesn't work
- 213 What is a feminine version of 'guys'?
- 176 How do I know if dd is still working?
- 163 Is there a tool to get the lines in one file that are not in another?
- 156 Why do consoles sometimes hang forever when SSH connection breaks?
- View more network posts →