mxyzplk - SE stop being evil
Why is SE Being Evil?
Stack Exchange management has displayed shocking behavior against mods of their sites, especially Monica Cellio by dismissing her for no reason and then slandering her in the media. See this meta post for more details. SE has refused to address this in any manner other than obfuscation and lies to the SE community, leading to Monica having to take legal action against them and them finally agreeing to a non-apology retraction. Subsequently they fired long term trusted community moderators, made it clear they have only contempt for the community and refuse to read or participate in Meta.SE. All of us provide free work for them and generate their revenue via questions and answers, and moderators (I was one for a long time) do additional volunteer work for them, and their exploitation of that labor is unethical.
I’m a fortysomething dad and tech professional living in the Austin, TX area. I started gaming way back in the day, 1982, with the TSR space opera game Star Frontiers. Since then I've been an avid roleplayer. I went to 5 Gen Cons, was a regional Triad for the RPGA's Living Greyhawk campaign, helped start a gaming club (the FORGE) in Memphis, TN.
I GM and play a variety of RPGs; currently Pathfinder is in heavy rotation as well as various non-D&D-based games.
- Role-playing Games 164.7k 164.7k 2525 gold badges403403 silver badges631631 bronze badges
- The Workplace 11.3k 11.3k 44 gold badges3636 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.9k 3.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Christianity 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 488 How do I get my PCs to not be a bunch of murderous cretins?
- 236 Being asked to sign a "termination certificate" 6 months after resigning
- 206 What did Monica do to violate the CoC?
- 169 Company looks for long-term employees, but I know I won't be interested in staying long
- 151 How has D&D's guidance to DMs on when to extrapolate from written rules and when to improvise changed over time?
- 148 Without a magic item economy, what is gold for?
- 140 How do you help players not focus on the rules?
- View more network posts →