PhD student in astronomy. I plan to do research on pulsar timing and fast radio bursts, focusing on detecting gravitational waves and identifying FRB progenitors. I also enjoy long-distance running, crosswords, hot chocolate and a good book, though usually not all at once.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy, and a retired moderator on Interpersonal Skills. I also participate on a number of sites elsewhere on the network.
A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Member for 5 years
6 profile views
Last seen Jun 2 at 15:46
- Worldbuilding♦ 86.9k 86.9k 2121 gold badges268268 silver badges490490 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 29.6k 29.6k 1313 gold badges7171 silver badges119119 bronze badges
- Astronomy♦ 26.4k 26.4k 33 gold badges8686 silver badges155155 bronze badges
- Physics 9.9k 9.9k 55 gold badges3434 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 9k 9k 88 gold badges4242 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 284 Thank you, Robert Cartaino
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 154 After the recent CM departures, are there plans to shut down network sites or Area 51?
- 123 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- 118 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- 117 Have only girls been born for a long time in this village?
- 112 Is it worth sending a manned mission to a black hole?
- View more network posts →