I taking an indefinite hiatus
I am taking an indefinite hiatus due to chronic mismanagement from Stack Exchange as a company, and new rules coercing users to use preferred pronouns on a site that formerly didn't care if you were male, female, or a dog. I am especially troubled by the fact that those with religious objections to this policy are being implicitly told they are not welcome here.
Ironically, the policy of "inclusion" by forcing American political ideology on all users has left me feeling very excluded from the community. Until such a time as things change, and we can go back to building a community of experts who ask and answer questions, I will not be participating in the community.
Member for 5 years, 7 months
18 profile views
Last seen Oct 29 '19 at 2:59
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 47.5k 47.5k 3838 gold badges173173 silver badges371371 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 16k 16k 1212 gold badges6565 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 15.1k 15.1k 1010 gold badges6464 silver badges126126 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 15k 15k 88 gold badges4949 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 8.2k 8.2k 66 gold badges3535 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 725 Where is Java Installed on Mac OS X?
- 189 Why doesn’t the IRS just send me a bill for the taxes I owe based on the info they already have?
- 164 Was Kirk and Uhura's kiss in Star Trek really the first interracial kiss on TV?
- 161 Why did the Matrix simulate 1999 instead of a pre-computer year?
- 156 How do I get players to say "no" when they are afraid of missing out on sidequests or XP?
- 117 How can I find restaurants in the USA where tipping is not expected?
- 115 Higher up doesn't carry around their security badge and asks others to let them in. What should I do about this security issue?
- View more network posts →