A very nervy Linux user who's much more comfortable in Windows. I basically use Linux to run a cloud model that requires a Linux environment and windows the for nearly everything else. Depsite being mostly a practical lab guy, I do some programming in Igor and I'm stumbling my way through learning bash and MATLAB. I'm currently doing my PhD (correct 11th Oct. 2014) in Atmospheric Science.
I'm a practicing (radically liberal and catholic) Anglican with a range of interests including, board games, in particular chess, cricket and composing minimalist music.
Gt. Manchester, United Kingdom
Member for 5 years
26 profile views
Last seen Jan 29 '16 at 11:32
- Christianity 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Skeptics 578 578 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Academia 356 356 11 gold badge33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 219 219 22 gold badges33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 202 202 11 gold badge44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 51 Career advice: How can I move on from my probable PhD flop?
- 27 Does one hamburger take more water to produce than 2 months worth of showering?
- 17 Can eating human hair cause a blockage in the digestive tract?
- 16 Why is the Gospel of Thomas considered heretical by Nicene Christians?
- 16 What is the scientific effectiveness of "street preaching" as a method of evangelization?
- 15 On what basis do Popes choose their papal name?
- 12 How can I get Octave to change the variables in my input files?
- View more network posts →