A very nervy Linux user who's much more comfortable in Windows. I basically use Linux to run a cloud model that requires a Linux environment and windows the for nearly everything else. Depsite being mostly a practical lab guy, I do some programming in Igor and I'm stumbling my way through learning bash and MATLAB. I'm currently doing my PhD (correct 11th Oct. 2014) in Atmospheric Science.
I'm a practicing (radically liberal and catholic) Anglican with a range of interests including, board games, in particular chess, cricket and composing minimalist music.
Gt. Manchester, United Kingdom
Member for 6 years, 9 months
26 profile views
Last seen Dec 27 '19 at 19:02
- Christianity 2.7k 2.7k 1212 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Skeptics 783 783 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Academia 611 611 11 gold badge55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 359 359 22 gold badges33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 347 347 11 gold badge44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 51 Career advice: How can I move on from my probable PhD flop?
- 27 Does one hamburger take more water to produce than 2 months worth of showering?
- 19 What is the scientific effectiveness of "street preaching" as a method of evangelization?
- 17 Why is the Gospel of Thomas considered heretical by Nicene Christians?
- 17 Can eating human hair cause a blockage in the digestive tract?
- 15 On what basis do Popes choose their papal name?
- 12 Installing BC and any maths extension
- View more network posts →