The majority of questions with the denomination tag ask which denominations believe or practice X. There are some however which consider denominations as a category. Here are a couple of examples:
- What are the general categories of benefits of being part of a denomination?
- What is the difference between a denomination and a movement?
- Was Christianity intended to have denominations? (should be closed btw)
- Seeking a graphic or flowchart of the history of the formation of Christian denominations
- What is the source of the count of 40000 denominations, and how are they classified?
I propose that we switch to using a denomination-survey tag. That would more accurately describe what these questions are. The few that are not could be tagged denominations (I prefer the -s although that doesn't really matter, but if a mod was feeling generous they could set up a synonym after all of this is finished).
As there are so many, I think it would be best if a mod could merge denomination into denomination-survey without making a synonym. If this is done then we can manually retag the small number which are not survey questions.