I've noticed a large number of answers (and a fair number of questions) are quoting the Bible without context or any verifiable source for the interpretation of the passages being quoted:
- If the Ten Commandments say “thou shalt not kill” how can a Christian fight in a war?
- Does believing in Jesus Christ save me, or do I have to do something more?
- What is the basis of my fractured understanding of "Sola Scriptura"?
- God will judge the world based upon righteousness but what about Jesus?
- Does the Bible give us a purpose to life?
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego - who is understood as the fourth person in the fire?
Just to mention a few.
Are we comfortable having this site be solely about finding the relevant passages from the Bible to support or dispute a question (essentially making this site akin to a Bible study) or are other perspectives, particularly ones that draw from authoritative, definitive, or at least verifiable sources going to be welcomed or encouraged?