Is there a preferred terminology to use when referring to all "brands" of Christianity? We've been running into this a lot (both on Meta and C.SE). Many (myself included) have said "denomination/sect" when trying to be all-inclusive. I'm hopeful there is a single term I can use, that will not be offensive or overly exclusive, and won't require us to use long lists.
- Denominations: Not ideal, since it typically refers to protestant denominations.
- Sects: This term sometimes has negative connotations, and sometimes is even more specific than a denomination, but maybe it's still a good choice?
- Traditions: Perhaps not ideal, because it has other connotations in other contexts?
- Faiths or Christian Faiths: "Faiths" itself is obviously broader than Christianity, but perhaps "Christian Faiths" is sufficient?
- Brands: I use this term in this question, although I'm not sure if it's a good generalized term, as its rarely associated with religion
- Flavors: Seems to have the same problem as "Brands"